Wireless solution for electric vehicle charging station based on optical wireless technology
The optical carrier wireless communication technology ROF provides a simple and flexible way for M2M communication and data acquisition of electric vehicle charging stations.
Allows each charging station to be connected to the control center. Whether it is a single charging pile deployed in a hotel, or many charging piles in a parking lot or shopping mall, there will be a lot of important data and instructions that need to be transmitted between all the charging piles and the control center. As long as the optical wireless communication system is used, the control center can remotely manage all the work of the charging pile, including user authentication, start and stop commands, transmission of user data, credit card payment procedures, etc. Optical wireless communication technology can also assist the control center to remotely manage equipment shutdowns due to charging pile failures, and immediately detect abnormalities caused by human sabotage.
With the continuous development of Internet of Things technology, the charging station control center in the future can help drivers find the nearest and operating charging station through location services. After the charging is completed, the control center system will notify the user, and send a short message to the driver’s mobile phone to inform the user that the charging is completed and the vehicle can go on the road. The optical carrier wireless switch transmits the above information to the management and billing center through the optical fiber network to realize real-time information transmission. Similarly, real-time information transmission is also realized from the management and billing center to the charging pile at the end.
In view of the scattered electric vehicle charging piles and the small amount of data in a single charging pile, and in order to achieve high-speed wireless coverage of electric vehicle charging piles, which can not only meet the data transmission needs of the charging piles, but also provide high-speed broadband access, the system adopts A two-level wireless data transmission scheme is shown in Figure 1.
(1) The charging pile in the local area aggregates the data of the charging pile to the intermediate node (referred to as the aggregation node, and the aggregation node is one of the charging piles) through the low-speed wireless data transmission method of 400MH2 frequency, and the aggregation node has built-in Wi-Fi middleware , to complete the conversion of aggregated data to Wi-Fi wireless network data.
(2) Using optical carrier wireless technology, through optical fiber, the Wi-Fi wireless radio frequency signal is distributed to remote nodes over a long distance, the aggregation node is connected to the Wi-Fi wireless network through the remote node, and the aggregation node is connected to the Wi-Fi wireless network through the Wi-Fi wireless network. The data of the charging pile is uploaded to the control center to realize the remote wireless collection of the data of the charging pile.
The remote node can also provide wireless coverage of the high-speed wireless network signal of the electric vehicle charging station, provide wireless access to other devices, meet various application requirements of the charging station, and facilitate the expansion and upgrade of the electric vehicle charging station. wireless over light
(1) In the optical carrier wireless switch, the Wi-Fi access point (AP) adopts dual backup to ensure the reliability of the wireless access point.
(2) The remote node adopts double backup to ensure the uninterrupted coverage of the remote wireless signal.
(3) The sink node adopts double backup to avoid the interruption of data upload and download of local charging piles due to the failure of the charging pile acting as the sink node.
(4) The system software constantly detects the wireless signal distribution of the entire electric vehicle charging station and the working status of the charging pile, and responds in real time to ensure the reliable operation of the system.
Read more: What are the types and charging methods of electric vehicle chargers?